Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones IV + New Ratatat = Thoughts

i saw Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skullz last night. The one thing that I learned most about the film was this: if there so happens to be a nuclear attack, don't worry. As long as there's a refrigerator (lead casing...I think it was) and a gopher nearby... you're going to be okay.

I also heard a lot of the new Ratatat album today. Ratatat being the duo that makes those cool video game sounds that often sound like hip hop beats. Also according to Wikipedia...they're from Brooklyn. [Writer's disclosure: One of my favorite words to text on my phone is Ratatat] Anyways the new album called LP3 is really interesting and when I say interesting, I mean pretty disappointing. They've abandoned what made them so great (mainly the guitars) and replaced it all those weird instruments that Mozart and Bach used to play (you know like a piano). I can only describe this new shift in sound as forgetting to put your favorite Nintendo cartridge in. Instead you put in your mother's favorite new age CD. LP3 sadly belongs in the bommer music file for 2008 (right up there with Gnarls Barkeley, Spiritualized, Weezer and the My Morning Jacket record).

Atleast their new video is pretty* awesome



OOHH an explosion.

* is saying "pretty" after an adjective a bad thing?

No comments: