Saturday, June 20, 2009
i saw Grizzly Bear at the Wiltern last night. A couple of things:
1. best show ever.
2. ed's voice was absolutely amazing. it filled the entire venue. i think i started weeping during "Foreground."
3. chris taylor is the master on the flute/bassoon/sax/or whatever else he plays live. him congratulating [to get a cheap pop from the audience] the lakers was hilarious.
4. dan rossen is a really interesting guitar player. everything sounds so bassy but it works beautifully.
5. chris bear goes HARD on those drums.
6. "colorado" was life affirming.
7. best show everrrr